1. May is National Blood Pressure Month…what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?
My blood pressure runs low, very low but nothing to worry about. Once I was told, “Gee, if I didn’t see you sitting here, talking and looking fine I would think you were dead your pressure is so low.” And, the nurse walked out the door. Of course, that concerned me. I asked the doctor and he informed me that sometimes they go by a person’s ‘normal’. He explained I always am low and if I dip a little lower they don’t get alarmed. Only if I start to complain of other symptoms which I wasn’t but c’mon,what a thing to say.
2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?
I wouldn’t spend the dollar, it would go in my wallet or the little yellow bucket on our dresser. Ten dollars? It would be just running out and grabbing something like a quick lunch. A hundred dollars? Most likely on something needed at the moment. A new pair of shoes, or some tops,shorts,whatever is on the ‘need’ list. I wouldn’t look at it as a splurge, I would still get something I was planning to get.
3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you’ve been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you’ve heard of the controversy?
I had no idea about the labels. I do pay attention to labels. I can’t say I FEEL STRONGLY but if they put them on I will read them and take notice. I had no clue there was a controversy. What is Genetically Engineered foods? I tend to eat veggies,fruits, meats,dairy and eggs, are those genetically engineered? Gosh, now I am getting way confused and need to do some research or maybe some of my commenters can enlighten me?
4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
I love the Wizard of Oz. And, seeing how I am totally at a loss about the labeling of our food in the United States, I think I am going with the NEED FOR BRAINS.
5. “There’s no place like home” is an oft repeated line from Baum’s book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
I haven’t experienced that feeling in a long while. We went on a 17 day vacation years ago, I think maybe 2002? And, it was a little too long. Home was looking darn good. In addition, when I was 16,(which we all know was many,many,MANY moons ago) I went to SPAIN, I missed the United States a ton by the end of the trip. It was all the little things I missed about HOME. For example our soft toilet paper, our pizza and even how our showers were setup. When you are sixteen you like all the little comforts and are not use to adapting. Spain was beautiful but I was ready to get back to HOME.
6. Steak…yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where’s a place you like to go to get a great steak?
Alright, DON’T SHOOT ME, we have steak once a week. Medium Rare to Medium, I KNOW, NO YELLING, PLEASE LOL. No Sauce, that ruins a good steak. We have several favorite places we go for super good steaks. Hyde Park and Mitchell Cameron Restaurants in our little hometown. Oh,boy we have had some awesome steaks all over the United States in many different cities. What can I say, we are STEAK PEOPLE. But we know, we must eat chicken, Pork (the other white meat) and fish too. I assure you WE KNOW to be careful with the red meat.
7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
I rushed like crazy when I had to fly home from Arizona to Ohio due to my mother getting very ill. I was scared and I was frantically booking a flight home and then had to do everything possible to get to the airport in a timely manner.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am happy to say I found a few lovely new blogs on the A-Z Challenge. Bloggers that TRULY HOPPED. That developed a relationship with me, took the time to leave genuine comments from time to time and CONTINUE TO POP IN HERE. JOYCE,From This Side of the Pond, IS ONE OF THOSE LOVELY BLOGGERS. Glad to have found her blog. Funny too, I kept seeing this hop and once I got to know her I just had to give it a whirl. Thrilled I did. I highly recommend you pop on over. Check out Joyce FROM THIS SIDE OF THE POND you will not regret it.